There are over a dozen popular Wall Street movies, with many memorable performances. But what are the most iconic and awesome scenes in Wall Street movie history?
Experience the thrill and get a glimpse into the world of finance. Sit back, grab your 🍿 popcorn, and check out my hand-picked top 5 Wall Street movie scenes of all time.
The 5 Best Wall Street Movie Scenes Of All Times
5️⃣ Best Wall Street Movie Scene #5 – The Pursuit of Happiness’s Chris is Hired
- The Pursuit of Happiness, 2006, Director Gabriele Muccino
- This movie is about Chris Gardner, played by Will Smith, who, despite the odds strives to achieve his dream of working on Wall Street
- He is determined to make life better for them both, no matter the cost. His wife left them because he could not provide for his family.
- I love this particular scene because Will Smith just absolutely nails it. He assumes he will not be hired after a 30-day probation period.
- When he is called into the boss’ office, he learns that he gets the job
4️⃣ Best Wallstreet Movie Scene #4 – The Big Short’s Meeting At Goldman
- The Big Short, 2015, Director Adam McKay
- The Big Short tells the story of a few shrewd investors who predicted the 2007-2008 Housing Market Collapse.
- Michael Burry, see his current portfolio holdings, played by Christian Bale, is a hedge fund manager who saw opportunities in the housing market before anyone else did.
- He was able to spot the debt issues that the banks were hiding from everyone at the time and realized that they were inflated and ready to collapse. By betting against the banks, he was able to reap a massive fortune.
- This scene below shows the moment where Burry tries to convince Goldman Sachs to loan him billions to express his ballsy view. Love the moment at 0:35 when he says ‘Everyone is wrong‘.
3️⃣ Best Wall Street Movie Scene #3 – Limitless’ Taking the Pill
- Limitless, released in 2011 and directed by Neil Burger
- The movie is about a struggling writer who is offered a brain performance-enhancing drug called NZT, giving him access to his brain’s full potential
- Once he takes the pill, he’s going on an incredible journey, unlocking the amazing powers of the mind, focus, and ultimately intelligence
- He is able to take on the business world to become incredibly successful. Later in the movie, he also begins to understand the danger of this drug
- The below scene shows the moment he starts taking it, taking on super-human intelligence, starting to make money on Wallstreet like no other
2️⃣ Best Wall Street Movie Scene #2 – The Wolf of Wall Street’s Sales Call
- The Wolf of Wall Street, released in 2013 and directed by Martin Scorsese
- The movie is about the life of Jordan Belfort, played by Leonardo DiCaprio, a Wall Street millionaire who built an empire off of deceit and manipulation.
- Belfort’s journey through wealth and excess eventually leads to his downfall when the FBI begins to close in.
- It’s a bigger-than-life and intense story of greed and corruption, with Belfort fighting for his freedom until the very (bitter) end.
- The below scene shows the first “sell stock ideas over the phone scam call” Belfort makes, discovering his unique talent
1️⃣ Best Wall Street Movie Scene #1 🏆 – Margin Call’s Emergency Meeting
- Margin Call, released in 2011 and directed by J.C Chandor
- This movie tells the (unofficial) story of Lehman Brothers, the investment bank that was the first to fall and arguably caused the Global Financial Crisis.
- Facing the imminent collapse of their company, they must decide how to protect their investments as the market begins to plummet.
- This specific scene shows the very moment a senior partner emergency meeting was called in the middle of the night, in which they inform the big boss, Richard Fuld, played by Jeremy Irons, about the situation. Watch Mr. Fuld’s testimony in front of Congress here.
- To me, this is the best wall street movie of all time!
These are my 5 favorite Wall Street movie scenes of all time.
Agree with those? Did I miss any? Let me know in the comments below!
📘 Read Also
- The 5 Best Dividend-Paying Entertainment Stocks
- The 10 Best Luxury Stocks With Dividends
- The Best European Consumer Goods Stocks
How does the wall street movie end?
The ending of the original Wall Street movie (1987) shows Bud Fox realizing that money isn’t everything and that true loyalty is more important. He chooses to expose Gordon Gekko’s shady schemes, and in the end his bold move pays off for him and those around him. Gekko is arrested, and Fox is rewarded for doing the right thing in the end.
How many wall street movies are there?
There are currently 10 popular Wall Street movies:
1. Wall Street (1987)
2. Boiler Room (2000)
3. The Pursuit of Happiness (2006)
4. American Psycho (2000)
5. The Big Short (2015)
6. Rogue Trader (1999)
7. Limitless (2011)
8. Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps (2010)
9. The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)
10. Margin Call (2011)
Where to watch wall street movie?
You can watch it on Amazon Prime.
Who was the movie Wall Street about?
The original Wall Street movie, released in 1987 and directed by Oliver Stone, is about Gordon Gekko, a corporate raider, and the young stockbroker Bud Fox. Gekko’s advice starts to show Fox the power of the stock market and the potential for extraordinary wealth. Fox soon finds himself embroiled in a world of shady deals, corruption and greed, and is forced to decide between loyalty and money.
What is the best Wall Street movie?
This is a highly subjective question, as the best Wall Street movie will depend on each individual’s taste. However, the most popular and widely acclaimed Wall Street movies are generally considered to be (original) Wall Street (1987), starring Michael Douglas, playing Gordon Gekko, and The Wolf of Wall Street (2013), starring Leonardi DiCaprio, playing Jordan Belfort.